Aluminum is the most abundant metal in the earths crust and is the third most abundant element on our planet. With that understanding you would think that aluminum is good for us possibly and that we may need this metal in our body in small amounts, that would be incorrect though. Aluminum toxicity is common because of how aluminum is used in our world today. Aluminum is mostly used in the storage and cooking of food and because of this aluminum leaks into the food that we eat.
Aluminum can also be inhaled in the air if you work in a place where aluminum or metals are processed. It can be inhaled if you live or work near aluminum processing or live near a hazardous waste site. Aluminum can also be found in the water because it is such an abundant metal on earth. Some areas have higher levels of aluminum so the levels in the water may be naturally higher so doing your research and finding out if this is near you would be smart, then taking the appropriate action to filter your drinking water to remove aluminum completely so that it does not effect you or the health of your family.
You can ingest aluminum simply by living on planet earth in the wrong place at the wrong time whether it’s at work or in your local environment, so knowing if this is the case would be smart. Beyond this though aluminum is a common metal that walks right in our front door and presents itself to be involved in our life and health without us even knowing it. There are multiple products in your home that contain aluminum that directly involve you eating or drinking from these and this is the most dangerous part.
Aluminum Can Be Found in These Household Items…
1. Your Pots & Pans: Many pots and pans are made from aluminum because it’s a cheap lightweight metal. Cooking with these will leach aluminum into your food over time which can cause a variety of health issues we’ll discuss later. It’s best to use stainless steel or better yet an economical and 100% natural ceramic cookware.
2. Aluminum Foil: Aluminum foil is exactly what it sounds like! the foil of aluminum, with 98.5% of aluminum foil actually being the metal aluminum. I recommend avoiding this and using other more natural alternatives and to definitely avoid reheating food wrapped in aluminum foil. Along with this goes those aluminum foil containers to keep food warm.
3. Canned Food: Canned goods are made in cans that use aluminum as a metal. This is another food item that uses aluminum to store your food before you cook it. The problem with this also is that these cans contain both aluminum and plastic (containing the BPA chemical) which both cause health issues. Having your food sit in a toxic container doesn’t do much for your health. Avoid canned foods and go fresh instead!
4. Silverware: Silverware is made with a percentage of aluminum. Thankfully there are alternatives now and if you aren’t a member of the Gates or Buffet family you can get bamboo silverware like I do instead of a that pricey silver spoon!
5. Cans: Soda, energy drinks and even more natural energy or tea drinks at your health food store are made from aluminum if they come in a can. Having a generally acidic drink sit in a metal for a duration of time is not the healthiest mix for your gut. Avoid cans and go for the drinks like kombucha in glass instead!
6. Aspirin: Believe it or not some brands of aspirin actually coat the aspirin with aluminum to bypass the stomach and dissolve into the small intestine. The problem with this is obvious, you could be swallowing aluminum which is a toxic heavy metal that has plenty of negative side effects.
7. Deodorant: Certain deodorant brands also have aluminum in it. Most that you buy from the store could have this so I recommend going with a more natural solution (I use primal pit paste, which is aluminum free) and avoiding buying deodorant where the general public does. Putting anything under your arms in your armpits get’s into your blood very quickly because your underarms absorb up to 100% of what is put on them, so switching to an all natural aluminum free deodorant is a must.
8. Vaccinations: It is said by some people that all vaccinations contain aluminum. Injecting aluminum into your body directly is very harmful to your endocrine system, immune system and blood health. I recommend avoiding vaccinations and building your immunity up with camu camu and herbs from the amazon rainforest instead.
As you can see it’s unfortunate but aluminum has been introduced to a lot of our food and food products to simply make things easier and cheaper but it comes with the price of our health and being exposed to levels of aluminum that our body isn’t familiar with. Aluminum toxicity has been linked to diminished kidney function, cognitive issues such as slow mental function, confusion, speech problems and even alzheimer’s down the line as well as muscle, lung, nervous system, bone and brain problems. It can also impair iron absorption and cause anemia which impairs the very important red blood cells in your body which are responsible for transporting life-giving oxygen.
Ensuring that you don’t freely give your body too much aluminum in the form of eating or food related products or simply just putting deodorant on each day or taking an aspirin can do so is important to keep your aluminum levels in your body low. All of us have some aluminum in us, it’s when we continue using aluminum products that aluminum builds up. It’s difficult for the body to excrete heavy metals unless it has a lot of support. If you have been tested and have found that you have higher than normal levels of aluminum in your body I recommend a few additions to your routine.
Drink more water and eat organic cilantro and parsley. If you can grow the organic cilantro and parsley yourself in an organic soil controlled environment that would be even better because cilantro and parsley attract heavy metals and when grown in earth they can actually attract them in the growing process. So these heavy metal chelating plants in the body can also contain heavy metals. If you can grow them, great! do it! if not the organic parsley and cilantro from the store will still help. Drinking a shot of apple cider vinegar each day is great for detoxifying heavy metals like aluminum also, the malic acid in apple cider vinegar helps to remove aluminum and to specifically remove aluminum from the brain. This is good because aluminum effects the brain in a negative way.
These tips will help to slowly yet surely remove excess aluminum in the body over time so that you can have your healthy endocrine, nervous, immune and red blood cells back! along with a healthy brain and active body. If you found this information valuable please share it with someone you feel would benefit from it.